Under cover off street parking is available to residents owning and driving their own vehicle, at no additional cost.
Our Village is served by the town bus service at regular times and within our complex we have a shopping centre.
Our community centre seats 120. An invitation is extended to all interested people to visit Garden Village. (Please phone for an appointment).
You may enjoy:-
- a cappuccino & light meal at ‘GV’s’ Coffee Shop
- visiting the Heated Pool, Spa and Gymnasium
- our Shopping Centre (Therapeutic Clinic, Hairdresser, General Store)
- the Woodwork Shop and Men’s Shed
- attending our events & outings
- attending the Church Services (all denominations welcome)
- a game of Indoor Bowls
- watching Austar
- reading a book or surfing the internet at our Village Library
- a game of Golf Croquet on our court
Garden Village has a new 20 seater Toyota Coaster Bus modified to provide an automated hydraulic hoist for wheel chair dependant residents. A large number of outings for both Self Care and Aged Care Residents are provided during the year.
We have a variety of ages of residents within our Village.
Basically a minimum age of 55 years is set to occupy Self Care Apartments – age is not a barrier (your enjoyment depends on your own state of health and mobility).
Continuity of care may be provided on site through the hostel or nursing home (please be aware that entry to the hostel or nursing home is via the government aged care assessment team.
Garden Village has our own Village Chaplain, Tony Sullivan.